Ah, friends, the saga of the old house continues. Thought I’d give everyone a quick, quick update on the house. Yes, we’ve had to re-do the mud room and some major repairs on Mike’s car. Then, last Friday, the day we’d been dreading ever since we moved into 9 Hearths came: the water heater went out. Why did we dread it? It’s under the house, in the cellar, back behind the stairs, over the ductwork for the central heat and air. Oh yeah, and there are two of them. They were installed in 1985, so it was bound to happen. We’re replacing them both. Today the plumber comes and removes the old ones (bless their hearts!). Then he has to excavate the hole because the new heaters are 2 inches bigger, and apparently the hole was just big enough. Then lay rock as a level foundation, the install the new ones. You know how everyone says plumbers make a fortune? I believe they deserve it.
I want to thank everyone for saying I’m an inspiration. But let me tell you, friends. You inspire us every day. I couldn’t do a bit of what I do without support and prayers. I’m not the inspiration. My friends, other cancer patients, family—there’s the inspiration.
Everyone have a wonderful day. Personally, I’m looking forward to a long hot shower tonight, lol!
Love to all, Anne
Words of wisdom from one of my inspiring friends, Karen Holland:
HANDBOOK FOR 2011
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4 Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2010.
8.. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does. (AMEN, AMEN, AMEN)
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.